Looking Back on 2017

As you may have noticed, I completely fell off the Blogmas wagon. Unfortunately life has been rather stressful, and I have been sick meaning that Blogmas got pushed to the back burner. However, I decided I would post something today and potentially do a few more days of Blogmas before Christmas depending on how things go.


So for todays post I decided I would have a look back on the year that has been 2017 & what has happened for me. I find it's easy to feel as if you have achieved nothing in a year, but that looking back you can find that actually a lot has happened over the course of the year. So let's start with some of the highlights that came with 2017.

Finally Settling On & Starting the Degree I Want To Do

In the past 4 years I have discovered a lot about myself personally, along that path I have changed university degrees several times. From just plain not suiting my personality & career goals to just due to low employment outcomes, there has been quite a few reasons why I have changed. However, I have finally settled on a degree that I both like & has good employment outcomes which is surprisingly hard to find. I feel that now I finally have everything under control & am on track to finish university. 

Made New Friends & Acquaintances 

In the past year I have made more friends in a year than I have since the year I changed schools & started my old job, so that's quite a lot. Part of this has been just because I moved back to my old hometown and therefore met my best friends other friends, but some are due to pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I have made many new friends through the Murderino groups, especially when in Melbourne for the My Favorite Murder live shows. Travelling alone and going to Murderino meet ups alone was definitely quite out of my comfort zone but it was definitely worth it.

Have Grown My Blog/ Been More Consistent Posting

One of my main goals for the year was to be more consistent posting & to grow my blog. Although my blog growth definitely hasn't been exceptional, I'm happy with what I've achieved especially in regards to posting more often. I'm definitely going to keep working on this in the new year. 

While there has definitely been more changes within my life in 2017, this is a snapshot of the major positive changes & occurrences within the year. I'm looking forward to 2018 to continue to work on many of these aspects & hopefully have another successful year (plus, I mean the Europe trip is next year which is just going to be amazing). 

-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts