Yet Another Haul: Drugstore Edition

I realised I never addressed some of the recent changes over on here. Starting with the major one, my blog name. I've actually had this blog for almost 2 years, and I no longer felt like I loved my blog name. I feel my new name more reflects who I am, it is a combination of my name & the name of my cat (Bucky) who I just absolutely adore. With this new name comes some changes, including going into a larger array of content rather than just beauty. So watch this space as there will be more exciting changes coming. 

I recently realised that I rarely feature drugstore makeup on my blog & that's because I haven't been super interested in drugstore makeup. As it's been quite a long time since I did a lot of drugstore shopping there has been a lot of new releases that I haven't tried which I have been wanting to pick up. Target Australia currently has 50% off most makeup brands so it was the perfect time to pick up some new products. So here is what I picked up recently.

NYX No Filter Powder in Alabaster 

I recently hit pan on my current everyday powder (Maybelline Fit Me) so have been looking for a new drugstore powder. I prefer to use drugstore powders as I go through them quite quickly so it would get super pricy when using high end. One thing I realised when looking around the drugstore is that most non-transulcent powders don't come in fair shades suitable for my skin tone. This powder came in my skin tone & felt quite nice when swatched so I'm super excited to try this out.

Maybelline Blush & Bronzer Palettes

The blush palette has been on my wish list for quite a while, and with 50% off and my newfound love of bronzer I just had to pick up the bronzer offering as well. These swatched amazingly, so creamy and nicely pigmented but seemed to blend out quite well. I definitely enjoy trying new blush & bronzer tones so I love palettes. 

Loreal Colour Riche Matte in Plum Tuxedo

I had to pick this up after Arna Alayne mentioned it was a similar shade to MAC Rebel which has been on my wish list for years. I used to love Loreal lipsticks but haven't tried them since the recent updates to the formula, so I'm definitely excited to try this lipstick & the colour is just so gorgeous. 

Maybelline Master Drama The Nudes in Pearly Taupe & Brownie Glitz

I have recently been wanting some nude toned shades to wear on the waterline when doing a more smokey lash line & these colours just called my name. I really wanted to pick up all 3 colours but unfortunately the 3rd colour was out of stock. These swatched gorgeously & as they claim to last 16hrs I really hope they stand up to the test on the waterline.

Loreal Brow Artist Xpert in Cool Brunette

I rarely use brow products other than my Benefit Gimme Brow as I have naturally full, rather dark brows that need very little product. However recently I have been feeling as if the tails need a little more defining. This seems to be a good cool toned colour which is great as I currently have very light blonde hair, so anything too warm looks very strange. 

What are your favourite drugstore products? Do you use mostly high end or drugstore products? Until next time.
-Bec

Comments

  1. This is such a fab haul! I need to place a drugstore haul too, it feels like I haven't tried something from there in so long! I'm loving the look of the Maybelline palettes xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Maybelline palettes look really pretty! The drugstore has some gems for sure. I found Maybelline's brow line to be really good!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts