How I do Self Care

Originally this was not the planned post for this week, but events in the past week have definitely shown me how important self care is for good mental health. Self care can look different for each and every one of us, but I thought I would share my personal forms of self care that maybe you can use as inspiration if you are still looking for yours.

  • Snuggles with my cat
  • Painting my nails
  • Watching the sunrise/ sunset
  • Talking to my mum or best friend
  • A nice cup of coffee
  • Going for a walk (particularly in national parks/ gardens)
  • Having a pamper night
  • Tidying
  • Watching a favourite movie/ tv show
These are just some of the ways that I have found to make myself feel better. Self care doesn't always have to be time consuming but can simply be a couple minutes out of a busy day to relax and take a few breaths before continuing on. Even just a couple minutes can make all the difference to your mental health.

I urge anyone struggling with their mental health to not ignore it, and to talk to someone about it whether it be your doctor, friend, family member, help line or even just a diary or pet. 

-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts