The Birthday Makeup Edit

My 22nd birthday was actually over a week ago, which was when this post was supposed to actually go up but unfortunately that just wasn't in the cards. I got one of my wisdom teeth removed before my birthday, and unfortunately it got infected meaning I've been on antibiotics which always make me feel sick. My actual birthday was pretty low-key, I was mainly just at home by myself followed by going out to dinner with Dad but that doesn't mean I'm not going to wear glitter eyeshadow.

I pulled many of my current & old favourites as well as a couple newer products to create a natural, dewy skin with glitter eyes & my statement red lip.


I started the skin with the Stila One Step Correct (which is almost empty) followed by my current favourite foundation, the No 7 Lift & Luminate in Calico. For blemishes & under my eyes I used the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly which never seems to fail me. I set this all in with the Hourglass Veil Translucent Powder, which sets my base in place but keeps the dewy look.

I bronzed & did a subtle contour with the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer which I don't give enough attention to on the blog. I used my newest blush, Clinique Cheek Pop in Melon Pop. I used my Hourglass Ambient Metallic Strobe Light Palette for highlight, this palette is just my favourite for highlight & I can't put it down. I've really been neglecting my other highlights recently.

On my lips I went with my signature red lip, Nars Audacious in Annabella. For my eye look I started with Substitute For Love from the Zoeva Cocoa Blend in the crease & as a base for the later shadows. I used the Hourglass Scattered Light in Smoke on my lids, followed by the Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow in Kitten Karma for more glitter on the inner corners. I then curled my lashes & used Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. I did my normal simple brows, just brushing them & applying Benefit Gimme Brow+.


I also wore my signature nail polish/ the colour Agent Peggy Carter wears in Captain America, the now long discontinued OPI Cinnamon Sweet. It's going to be a bittersweet day when I finally run out of this because I can't imagine not wearing it.

I wore one of my favourite Review dresses from couple years ago, and earrings from Lovisa.



So that's the makeup I wore for my 22nd birthday, I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22! (Couldn't resist putting that in, I have been waiting to use it since I was 16).
-Bec


Comments

Popular Posts