Loving Lately: September Favourites

I didn't realise it was actually the end of September, I thought this was going to be randomly timed but apparently not. I'm just still confused about how this year is almost over, I mean yesterday I said it was 2016 which it definitely is not anymore. Apparently I get confused easily. I feel like some of these products I have been waiting to talk about forever, since just after my last favourites in May. I feel like some of these products are just Holy Grail status immediately.


Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
I really didn’t want to love this as much as I do as it’s just so pricy, but damn I love it. I’ve never had a powder look so nice on my skin; it just blurs imperfections but doesn’t look at all powdery & seems to make my makeup last all day. I also love the packaging, as it isn’t the usual super messy loose powder packaging that used to be all you could get (there is a lot of less messy loose powders now which I love). The only other loose powder I own is the By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder (in a mini) and I definitely love this one so much more, and they are probably a similar price. This has made me want to try more loose powders as I’ve heard the market has definitely changed since my old school ones in 2010.

Hourglass Scattered Light Eyeshadow in Smoke
How come I keep falling in love with Hourglass products? They are so pricy but so good.  I love this as it can be used for a subtle shimmer patted over the eyelid or built up for an intense glitter finish. This colour is also the perfect not to dark taupe, which I’ve been loving lately.

Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in Thunderstruck
I said I wasn’t going to buy any more Kat Von D because I don’t agree with her stance on vaccines. I just swatched this & my brain basically shorted out because it was so beautiful & was about to be discontinued, so I kind of added it last second to my Sephora basket without thinking. While I don’t agree with Kat Von D, I can say she makes some great eyeshadows. I love this either on the inner corner or as a face highlight. It’s the perfect shade for my pale skin; not stark white but quite light with somehow both gold & pink reflects depending on what I pair it with. I feel like because I use it on my face & eyes, I might just actually use this up which would be the first in a long time.

Nars Wanted I Cheek Palette
I’ve actually owned this since just when I did my last favourites post in May, but I hadn’t owned it long enough to give it a real chance but I thought it would become a favourite. I was definitely right about that. I’ve been using the shade Bumpy Ride almost every single time I wear makeup because it’s just the perfect peachy-pink blush colour that I adore. I’ve used the other colours as well, and I have to say as my first foray in to Nars blushes I am in love even if the shade Crave was more pigmented than I’m used to so looked slightly intense at first.

No 7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Calico
I don’t think I’ve even posted the same product in 2 consecutive favourites, so you know I must really love it. My foundation just always looks amazing & like natural but dewy skin when I wear this. It’s definitely been the look I’ve been in to lately, and embracing that some of my scarring will show through but it just looks more natural, plus I’m happy to have my freckles showing again. I’m not sure how well this will last in the upcoming Summer, but I guess we will have to wait & see. 


So there is the products I have been loving lately, I can't actually stop using these products & I don't think I'm going to stop anytime soon. What are some products that you have been enjoying lately?
-Bec


Comments

Popular Posts