Drugstore Favourites

I noticed that my blog has a habit of leaning a bit high end. High end makeup is still rather new to me, and still has this magical quality to me whereas I often feel I've tried everything at the drugstore (I haven't but I feel like I have.) Anyway I thought I would do a post about my favourite drugstore products.

Face


Now my one major problem with drugstore products is that often ranges don't go down pale enough for me, which is disappointing as there is such great products that I just can't try. But here is a few products that I do love.

Loreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation

I did a review on this earlier in the year, which goes more in depth about this product but I will give you a quick overview in this post. I love this for more natural makeup days as it has a beautiful light/medium coverage and dewy finish. It is probably one of my most used in summer, even if it isn't the most long lasting.

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder

This is probably the only powder I've tried that doesn't look dry on my skin (I've currently only tried drugstore powders). I love how it adds a little bit of coverage but isn't cakey. My only problem is the lightest shade (52) is too dark for me most of the year, but sometimes works when I have a slight tan in Summer.

Rimmel Blush in Genuine Plum

This blush holds a special place in my collection, it was the first blush I purchased when I got back into makeup a bit over 2 years ago. I must admit the first time I wore it I looked insane as I was used to non-pigmented blushes and this is pretty damn pigmented. Although originally a learning curve I now love that this is more pigmented because I don't have to put a tonne on. It is a smooth blush, and not overly powdery like some drugstore blushes are. I find this colour spans all seasons, its slightly pink so works for Spring but the slight purple/plum makes it look amazing in Winter.

Rimmel Blush in Genuine Plum

Eyes


I find that drugstore eyeshadows can be very hit and miss, but I have found some great eyeshadows especially singles.

Loreal Eyeshadow in Cafe Saint Germain

I can't remember the exact name of this formula (and I don't feel like getting up right now #lazyproblems) but most of the singles within the range are amazing. This one is probably my favourite colour out of the range, and is a great shade for a simple one eyeshadow day look.

Nyx Prismatic Shadow in Golden Peach

I mentioned this in my most recent favourites post, so I'm not going to say much here. But it is a great formula and this colour is absolutely beautiful.

Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Blinged & Brilliant

Another amazing Loreal eyeshadow formula. This is more like a pressed pigment and is very smooth and applies brilliantly (especially with the finger). I really want the colour Amber Rush as it is very hyped, but it is not available in Australia.

L to R: Loreal Blinged & Brilliant, Nyx Golden Peach, Loreal Cafe Saint Germain
Lipstick


In my opinion lipstick is definitely one of those things that the drugstore does almost just as well as high end brands (although nothing can beat the Nars Audacious lipsticks). Rimmel and Revlon have some of the best formulas (Maybelline is also good) and also many colours I love. I especially love the vintage colours from Revlon as I love vintage style. I am a lover of bold colours, so these are all quite bold.

L to R: Rimmel 110,  107, Revlon Snow Peach,  Raspberry Bite,  Fire & Ice, Cherries in the Snow

(Hopefully got those right, its been a few days since I took the picture)


And that is my completed drugstore favourites..
Until next time-
Bec



Comments

Popular Posts