The Cream Product Edit

I know that it has only been at most a couple months since I did my dewy skin edit, and yes this has some similar products & ideas but I'm just loving that right now. The change with this is that almost all the products are cream or liquid, so it looks even more naturally flawless. I wore this to my university labs, and I basically called it (in my head) the 'yes, I have actually slept more than 4 hours a night & totally don't look & feel like I have been hit by a freight train" which was a little long to be the title of the blog post.



I recently purchased the Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter in 1 after it was mentioned in just about every 2018 favourites that I saw, and I have to say I'm not disappointed. I apply this mainly to the high points of my face before foundation & it just brings a lovely glow. Foundation wise I have pulled out my No 7 Lift & Luminate in Calico again & honestly I want to use it every day (but have to use my project pan products). I honestly don't know what I will do when I run out of this (probably book a UK trip). A new concealer, but one that has proven to quickly become a firm favourite, is the Bare Minerals BareSkin Serum Concealer in Fair. My skin has been so temperamental lately, and has been looking rather dry (while breaking out, it's a mess) so that my normal concealer just wasn't looking the best. This seems to just glide over dry patches & leave a natural dewy look. The shade Fair is almost too dark for me, but I can make it work & do so because the formula is just perfect.

The Nars Liquid Laguna Bronzer was a project pan item that I actually wasn't expecting to love. It looks like it would be too dark & warm but I find that it blends out to a beautiful natural finish. For both blush & highlight I used the Kosas Colour & Light Creme Palette in 8th Muse which honesty may now be my favourite cheek product. It blends out quickly & easily, and is so beautifully dewy. It almost just looks like a natural flush. The highlight is more subtle, but almost wet looking which has been my preference lately. I did apply the tiniest amount of powder to my under eyes & t-zone using the Hourglass Veil Translucent Powder which is the perfect powder to set things while still leaving the glow.


The eye look was very simple & minimal, with the Hourglass Scattered Light in Smoke patted lightly over the lid for a shimmery almost wet look lid. Then, as usual, several coats of the Hourglass Caution Mascara, which is my new favourite mascara. On the lips for a natural look I paired the Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow, but it also worked wonderfully paired with a bold lip using the Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Checkmate.

So there is my (mostly) cream product edit, featuring some old & new favourites. I love how natural but perfected these products made my skin look. Are you a cream or powder product person when it comes to your everyday look?
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts