Empties #8

Here we go, the first empties of 2019. While I haven't used up any makeup products (I have several nearly empties right now), I am still pretty happy with how the first quarter of the year has gone.


Clinique Moisture Surge
I know that this is a product with an almost cult following but I honestly didn't love it. I just felt like it wasn't enough for my skin, especially as my skin has been more dry recently. I did like the fact it was fragrance free, so didn't upset my more sensitive skin in that manner. I wouldn't repurchase unless it was on sale, because it is definitely something that did the job but was just a bit lacklustre.

Drunk Elephant B Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum
I used to enjoy but not love this product, but recently I have found it a super important step in my skincare routine. I have found as I get older my skin gets more dehydrated, and this really helps to combat that. I currently use this in both my morning and evening skin care routines, and I absolutely love it. I definitely noticed my skin was nowhere near as hydrated when I wasn't using it. I also adore this reformulated version with niacinimide even more than the original version, and feel it does help with keeping my skin at it's best.

Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
I think the number of times that this has been featured really speaks for itself. I just adore this as a night time acid exfoliator and find that it keeps my skin texture and acne at a minimum. I have tried more affordable acids but just find that this is the one that works best for me. I honestly will probably keep repurchasing this forever, although I am interested in trying the A Passioni Retinol as a different night time treatment.

Herbivore Lapis Oil
This was not a product I was expecting to love as much as I did. I just find this is just great for my skin, and helps it to not be quite as sensitive and dry. I use this every night now. I recently purchased the large bottle & have continued using & loving this product. I kept this tiny jar so that I can decant some in for travel because I just can't be without it.

Kate Somerville EradiKate Cleanser
This has basically been the staple cleanser in my collection for the last year, I have talked about this many times. I don't think there has been an empties without it since then. If you haven't guessed, I love this product. Not too drying but helps with acne (and isn't super expensive). I already have another tube on the go.

The Body Shop Body Butter in Peppermint Candy Cane
I'm so sad this is is gone & my full size is running low too. I think this may just be my favourite scent that The Body Shop has made. I'm hoping it comes back for Christmas this year.


Dr Jart Cicapair Sheet Mask
I used this when my skin was super angry after I had a reaction to a product (a micellar water of all things), and it instantly made my skin less angry. I also had a sample of the cream & serum, and they also helped greatly with the skin reaction. I'm definitely picking up the mask & serum in the future, and would consider the cream for when my skin is dryer.

Dr Dennis Gross Ferulic Retinol Wrinkle Peel
I only tested one of these, so obviously I don't know about the long term benefits of this product, but I did feel like my skin was slightly brighter the next day & I had none of the negative retinol reactions I have had with other products. I would definitely consider these as something to add in to my routine for a retinol step in the future.

Patchology Flashpatch Rejuvenating Eye Gels
I found these really hydrated my under eyes & I feel like my makeup went on smoother. Not groundbreaking but they were a nice treat. I would definitely considering purchasing them again or some of the other varieties of Patchology Eye Gels.

I've decided to add sheet masks & samples I have enjoyed to my empties, do you like that or should I just keep with multiple use products?
-Bec



Comments

Popular Posts