5 Products on Trial: Skincare & Makeup

The time has come around again, where I have saved up enough money to do a little (but expensive) haul. The one perk of only being able to shop online is that as I have to have enough in my order to get free shipping (I just refuse to pay) meaning I will usually only purchase things I have been thinking about for a long time, rather than just popping in & buying something because it caught my eye. I do love shopping in store though, because sometimes online swatches just don't tell you what you need to know.


Herbivore Lapis Balancing Facial Oil
After many times going back & forth I decided I would finally try a facial oil. For someone with acne prone skin it can seem so counter-intuitive & you bet I was looking up reviews to see what worked for acne prone skin because I didn't want an acne situation on my face. So far, so good. I've used this for 3 consecutive nights & no new acne, clogged pores or milia have appeared. My skin feels smoother, and honestly more healthy but not at all oily. It's going to take more use (especially seeing what happens at that time of the month) to form a full opinion but so far I'm impressed.

Herbivore Blue Tansy Resurfacing Clarity Mask
This came in a set with the Lapis oil (the True Blue set, available at Sephora) and was a product I have had my eye on for quite a while. I've only used this once so far, but I enjoyed it. It's less intense than a lot of my other resurfacing masks, which honestly is a welcome change as some of them can be too intense on my skin when it's more sensitive in drier weather. This didn't sting or cause redness but I did feel like my skin was smoother after it. Like the oil, it is definitely going to be something I will have to try a few times.

Fresh Rose Face Mask
I haven't even tried this on my face but I have a feeling I am going to love this. I have previously tried this on my hand in store, and that hand felt so hydrated & lovely afterwards that I knew it was a must buy. I can't wait to try this, and think I'll particularly love it on days when my skin is more sensitive & in need of hydration.

Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
I think it was pretty much expected that I would be this up sooner rather than later. I have often mentioned my love for Hourglass products (particularly the Ambient Lighting Blushes) over here on the blog & at least from touching it I feel like this is another hit. Also this packaging is so very, very fancy & basically makes all other powders look cheap. I haven't worn makeup since this arrived, but can't wait to try it.

Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow in Smoke
Another Hourglass product; I think I should probably just give them my soul as payment or something with how much I love their products. These just caught my eye with how beautifully shimmery they are, and I grabbed the colour Smoke as I have been feeling more drawn to cooler tones recently. A swatch of the smallest amount looked absolutely beautiful, so I just know that it is going to be the most beautiful thing on the eyes.

So there we are, the products I am currently testing out in my collection. I feel like most, if not all, of these are going to be winners and favourites in my collection. Hopefully this post signals me being back to posting more often; my health and study had made it rather hard recently but with the illness gone hopefully that means study will be a lot easier.
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts