What Is In My Handbag: Winter/Spring '18

I remember back when "What's In My Bag" videos were basically the mainstay of Youtube. They were some of my favourites, although looking back I don't know how I saw anything with the grainy camera quality of '09. A lot has changed since then, but I thought I would bring the "What's In My Bag" back just in a blogpost (because I only have a blog).



After 2 years with the same burgundy handbag (which I still adore), it was honestly getting a bit run down & a replacement was needed. It usually takes me forever to chose a new handbag as I have so many specifics I want one to meet, but this one (by Marikai at Strandbags) caught my eye instantly because of it's pastel pom-poms. While not as large as my previous handbag & unable to fit in a water bottle, it is basically the perfect size for everyday while not being too large to take on nights out. I've been using this handbag for around a month now, and while I mostly love it, I must admit that maybe such a pastel colour was a bad idea seeing I've had to clean coffee off it twice.

Way Too Many Lipsticks
I'm questioning how so many lipsticks are in one handbag, particularly seeing this is actually around half my lipstick collection (for a lipstick lover, I really don't have that many). First there are the reds; Nars Annabella (my every day favourite), MAC Russian Red (the winter red) & Nars Famous Red (long-lasting but not a liquid lip). I currently only have one pink in my handbag; MAC Show Orchid, which is super bright & not an every day kind of colour. I also have 2 more glossy, every day lip options; Mecca Lip De Luscious in Rose (a bullet version was recently released, which I really want to pick up as I love this) & Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow (which has been my favourite lately for when I want something on my lips but not much).



Wallet & Coin Purse
My wallet is another recent purchase, also by Marikai at Strandbags, while not as large as my previous one which somehow fit every single card I owned it is big enough for daily use. So far I haven't managed to get it dirty which is always a bonus. My coin purse is by Oliver Bonas & I purchased it when I was in the UK in March. As I mainly used it in the UK most of the coins are pennies & completely useless here in Australia.

Miscellaneous 
While they missed out on the photo I often will usually have my sunglasses or normal glasses in there depending on the time of day. I also always carry hand sanitiser & tissues because you never know when you might need them. My phone & car keys will (mostly) always be with me when I leave the house & they fit in easily with everything else. The only thing that doesn't fit is a water bottle & a book, but I often just keep them in the car or carry them separately as bags get super heavy once you put all those items in.

So there are the items I keep in my every day handbag. Let me know if you are interested in potentially seeing what I keep in other bags, such as potentially my university or gym/swimming bag.
-Bec


Comments

Popular Posts