Products I'm Decluttering From My Collection

I'm partially just writing this post to hold myself accountable as I have to get rid of these products, most of the products I'm decluttering are really old & have probably (definitely) gone bad.



Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in 110
This was the first foundation I tried that actually had a shade that worked for me, all others had been too dark. I held onto it for ages simply for that reason as I found that this foundation never looked good on me. It seemed too matte & clung to any dry patch or texture on my face, but despite being so matte didn't seem to have much longevity in Summer either. I did like it but I find as I've tried more foundations I'm less likely to compromise on the finish for colour. This bottle is also probably over 3 years old, so really just needs to go.

Maybelline Fit Me Powder in 115
I could just use this up because I have hit pan but I don't enjoy using this so I'm just going to declutter this. When I purchased this, it was basically the lightest non-translucent powder available so I just used it for a really long time. However this always looked quite cakey, so I never really liked it & now that I've found other powders that I like more it's time for this to go

Max Factor Skin Luminiser Foundation in 40 Light Ivory
Another very old foundation in my collection, this one has been around longer the Maybelline. I loved the finish of this foundation, it was natural neither really matte or dewy, so lasted quite well & also didn't look cakey. My only problem was that it was too dark, so when the Maybelline came along this one was cast aside. I would actually probably repurchase this if the shade range was expanded, or if I had gotten a little more tan.

The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops in Lightening
I find that these just aren't that pigmented which means I have to add so much to a foundation to lighten it that it majorly changes the formula. I prefer to just mix a lighter & darker foundation together rather than using these.

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Coral Reef & Flushed
These were on clearance when I got them 4 years ago, so they are definitely very out of date for one. They are now super dried out & basically unusable. I also found these didn't blend easily even when they were new, so haven't got much use out of them.

Chi Chi Creamy Matte Liquid Lipstick in Sexy Lady & She's Not Me
I love the colours of these but I just found that these were just messy & ended up over my whole face & teeth which doesn't look good. I think that is messier than a normal lipstick because the formula is quite thick.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids in 900 Pink Pop
The Maybelline formula is one of my favourite at the drugstore & the Vivids line has some of the most beautiful colours, but this super cool toned bubblegum pink just isn't my cup of tea. I did purchase this for my 2014 Halloween costume, so was basically planned to get rid of after that.

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in 240 Striking & 220 Showy
Remember when these were the "it" product that everyone was talking about & collecting? Anyway, that was when I bought them, all the way back in 2014. I've changed a lot since then & these 2 colours just don't appeal to me as much anymore & they just seem slightly "off" as well.

Revlon Colourburst Balm Stain in 045 Romantic & 050 Smitten
This is more just a formula thing, sheer balms just aren't really my thing at the moment especially in deeper colours. If I'm going for a balm it will be in Summer, so these more berry colours aren't what I'm looking for. I used to adore Smitten though.

Revlon Colourburst Lacquer in 115 Whimsical
These are so glittery! So were never really something I wore but Zoella was wearing this in a video so I purchased it, but didn't like the way it felt on my lips because of the grittiness from the glitter.

Maybelline Color Whisper in 60 Petal Rebel & 65 Pink Possibilities
For one, why did I need both these shades? They are basically identical on the lips. I know Petal Rebel is basically my oldest lipstick so, goodbye.

Loreal Lipstick in Cherry Crush
Why do Loreal not have the name of the type of lipstick on the packaging? So frustrating! This formula was never my favourite & neither was the colour.

Revlon Purple Eyeliner
This is so very, very old. I have no idea what this was actually called because you can't see any of the writing at all (I only know it was Revlon because I remember getting it). I also do not wear bright, light purple liner anymore like I did at 15.

Rimmel Scandaleyes in Light Blue
I think this came as a "gift with purchase" and was never a colour I was going to use. This is a great formula though & I love the 'Taupe" colour.

Bourjois Colour Edition 24H
I love this, especially the colour (that I don't know) but it happens to be super dried out. I would totally pick this up again if I ever saw it in store.


Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturiser
I was using this as my main moisturiser for quite a few months & during that time I ended up with small under the skin bumps on my chin. They cleared up pretty quickly after I switched moisturisers, so I knew that this was probably the culprit. I looked at the ingredients & realised that it contained mineral oil which was most likely the culprit. My skin can be very sensitive so I definitely try to avoid mineral oil & definitely should have looked at the ingredients before purchasing.

Organi Cleanser + Toner
I used this as my cleanser for almost 4 months over Winter when my skin was drier, when the weather changed to be much warmer around October I found that this just didn't work for me anymore as I needed something with Salicylic Acid to help with my acne. I then purchased the Bare Minerals Blemish Ready which I have been using since then (and more recently the Kate Somerville EradiKate) both of which work better for my skin than this.

Organi Manuka Honey Peel
I almost used this up, but as usual I moved on just before this before I finished it. It's now over 2 years old & I wouldn't repurchase as I have many other exfoliating products that I prefer in my collection currently (Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum & Kate Somerville EradiKate.

Clearasil Hydra Blast Clear'n Refine Daily Scrub
I used this when I had a bad breakout stage before I had moved to using more high end products. I don't like the micro-beads in it & I much prefer how my current cleansers feel on my skin.

Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo
I bought this when I was out of purple shampoo & this was the only one in the supermarket I went to. I'm actually allergic to it, so can't use it but it did work pretty well & didn't dry out my hair. I would have continued to use it if I wasn't allergic to it.

Just a Bunch of Samples
I'm decluttering all of my samples unless they are something I'm really interested in as I just don't use them.

Wow! That ended up as a lot more products than I thought I would declutter, I get pretty ruthless when I'm in the process of moving because I don't want to move things I don't want or use.
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts