Current Skincare Routine

University and my fibromyalgia have both really been kicking my ass this month. I had forgotten how busy a full time university term is, obviously I had to put my blog to the back again although I really did not want to as I love blogging. I also haven't been wearing all that much makeup which is why I have decided to do a skincare post, especially because I have finally got to a place where my skin is mostly clear *touch wood*.


Bare Minerals Blemish Remedy Anti Imperfection Gelee Cleanser
I've been using this cleanser for over a year & I still love it. It's not too drying but still helps to reduce my acne which is about all I really want from a cleanser.

Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
I actually stopped using this for a while, but now that I've gone back to it I can well & truly say I absolutely love this. The glycolic I was using in the interim (Nip + Fab) doesn't compare to this.

Dermalogica Calm Water Gel
I feel as if this is what has really helped my skin. It is a hyaluronic acid moisturiser that also has calming properties. After the first night I used it my skin around my temples was less dry & red, and all my skin felt well hydrated. I can't believe it took me so long to try hyaluronic acid moisturisers but I'm definitely not going back.

Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment
Similar to the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, I use this to help clear up active breakouts. I find the calamine helps to calm the redness & the product isn't over drying. My breakouts definitely clear up faster & maybe even with less scaring when I use this.

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
Another product that I've been using for a long time but had run out of. I use once to twice a week to exfoliate my skin more intensely, definitely avoid putting the Drunk Elephant on after or you will get burnt.

Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment
The Glam Glow masks have always been something on my wish list, but I put off buying them as I just didn't think the price would be worth it. However I think this may be worth the price. I find that this brings under the skin spots to the surface & really helps to clear out pores which I love. It also smells really good. Like why does this smell  so good?

So there we have it, the products that have taken me from acne prone with dry patches & redness, to less acne but no dryness & redness. Even though I have found a routine that works well, I probably won't stop trying new products because I just can't help it. I have a lot of products still on my wish list.
-Bec



Comments

Popular Posts