Old Favourites: Where Are They Now?

The first ever post on my blog, a whole 2 years ago, was my 2015 favourites. A lot of things have changed since then; my writing quality, photography skills, camera & even blog name. So I thought it would be interesting to look back on my old product favourites & see what I still love, as well as what has fallen to the wayside. I'll leave this introduction short as apparently in 2015 I had a lot of favourite products.


Stila One Step Correct
This product is still one of my favourite primers & is still my most used primer. I think I'm now on my third bottle of this & I will most likely continue to repurchase for a long time.

Hourglass Mineral Veil
My original primer love. While I don't use this primer as much as I used to, mainly due to how expensive it is, I do still love to use it for occasions when I really need my makeup to last. This post actually reminded me how much I love this primer, so I will probably be using it more often in the future.

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Ivory
Lets start this off by saying: How did I think this was only a little bit too dark? This colour is way too dark & yellow even currently when I have an ever so slight tan. The colour aside, I do still like this foundation but I'm not sure if I completely adore it anymore. I probably need to purchase a new bottle in a better shade to fully form my current opinion of it.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless in 110
Honestly I don't love this anymore, I mean it's a good foundation but it's just not my favourite. I find it empathised dry patches & just looked a little dull. I'm actually probably going to declutter it from my collection.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly
This is still probably my favourite concealer. While I have other concealer loves this is the one I go for when I just want something I know will work. It just always works on my skin.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush
This is still my most-used blush & I'm definitely still adore the formula as probably evidenced by my recent love of the Ambient Lighting Edit Vol.3. The colour of this is also still probably my most-loved out of my ambient lighting collection as I find that this just adds so much brightness to my collection.

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
When I purchased this, it was the "must-have" highlighter of that time. I feel like many highlighters have overtaken this in the minds of many & it is definitely not mentioned anywhere near as often anymore. I personally am still in love with this highlight & it is probably my most often worn in my collection. It will definitely have a place in my collection for a while to come.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
I currently do not own this product, instead having the Chill version, however I'm definitely going to repurchase this version in the future. I definitely think this is the reason my makeup lasts through the hot & humid weather while other people are melting.

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
While no longer my favourite palette, this is still a great neutral palette to start out with. I still use this from time to time & I do always like the looks created with this palette. Definitely something I recommend to people starting a makeup collection as a basic palette.

Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette
Although my only colourful palette, this had still fallen to the back of my collection & was not being used often. However, in retesting it for this post I fell back in love with this palette. I've loved playing with the colours for more colourful looks & definitely want to dabble more in colour in the future.

Illamasqua Brow Powder in Stark
This is still my favourite brow powder that I've tried & the only reason I'm not currently using it is that the red would look ridiculous with my blonde hair. Really need to pick this up in a shade that works for blondes.

Loreal Brow Artist Plumper in Clear
This has been overtaken by the Benefit Gimme Brow in my collection. While this is still a good brow gel, I just love the way Gimme Brow makes my eyebrows look more. However if I was on a budget I would definitely pick it up again.

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Annabella
Still my everyday lipstick, the one I grab for when I'm not sure what look I'm going for. I will probably keep using & loving this until it either goes bad or runs out.

So there we have it, a rundown of some of my favourite products from 2015 & where they are now. Some I still love while some have been replaced in my collection.
-Bec

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts