Melbourne Haul: Sephora, Mecca & MAC

Long time, no blog. You know when you have all the best intentions in the world to blog and then life happens, yeah, that's what happened this month. I'm not going to go into it as a lot is very personal family & mental health things, but I'm sorting it out and will be moving late October/early November.   So it might still be a while until I can 100% commit to a blog schedule, but I'm trying.

Anyway now that that little update is out of the way, onto the haul from my Melbourne trip (plus a sneaky little Tarte order). It may seem a little excessive but hey what's a girl to do when she hasn't seen a makeup counter for over a month?

Skincare




Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum & C-Firma Day Serum

Originally in July I purchased the 2 Drunk Elephant mini sets, and while I enjoy most of the products (well I haven't tried the oil yet as I'm super nervous about oils) these were the real standout for me so I had to purchase them full size. Since using these I feel as if my skin is breaking out less (normally) and the old acne scars are fading quicker. My acne is definitely something I get quite self-conscious about so anything that helps is a win in my book. The minis lasted almost 2 months so I'm expecting these will last quite a while which makes the price seem slightly less insane.

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturiser 

This is my current favourite moisturiser, it isn't overly fancy but that's what I love about it. It keeps my face moisturised and doesn't break me out. It is a little light for the occasional bit of winter dryness but for most of the year it is my go to.

Makeup



MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC10

I got a sample of this just before I moved away from Brisbane, and I fell in love. Although this is definitely a more full coverage than I usually go for, sometimes for special occasions it's exactly what I'm looking for. NC10 is also probably the closest foundation shade match I've ever had which I absolutely love (although I can look a little ghosty).

Tarte Shape Tape in Fair

Guess who finally got the Shape Tape? Finally, a Tarte Free International Shipping and me having money actually lined up. I've only used this once but so far I'm pretty impressed. I absolutely love this under my eyes, I don't think my eye bags have been so hidden.

Benefit Gimme Brow in 1

This is pretty much the only brow product I use as I naturally have quite full brows. I find just a little bit of this fills them in that little bit and holds them in place.

Beauty Blender & Cleanser

My old Beauty Blender was definitely getting past the point of it really being usable. After using a Beauty Blender I can't imagine going back, so I had to purchase a new one. I grabbed the a pack of 2 with the liquid cleanser as it seemed to be better value.

Nars Powermatte Lip Pigment in Light My Fire

Finally a liquid lipstick that I like. It lasts a really long time and isn't super drying like other liquid lipsticks. I also love the colour, not that another red lipstick was really something I needed in my collection. I definitely think that I'm going to purchase more colours at a later time.

So there we have it, my rather large beauty haul from my Melbourne trip. I definitely won't need to buy any more for quite a while.
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts