The Dewy Glow Skin Edit

I never imagined I would be a dewy skin person, I used to just want to be as matte as possible due to being oily & acne prone. Recently though I have found that my skin has been leaning more towards being more dry & dehydrated and more matte foundations just do not look as good on my skin. So basically I now just make my skin look as dewy as possible.


Skincare
As with all makeup looks, the skin is the most important part of the routine but I find it especially important now that my skin is dryer. I won't bore you with writing about my skincare routine as I posted both my day & night routines in the last month, but I'm loving it right now.

Base Products
Here is where the makeup starts, I will first go in with a more long lasting primer such as Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or a colour correcting primer such as Stila One Step Correct to make things just last a bit longer before I start piling on the glow. I then use a liquid highlighter underneath my foundation, I currently change between Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone and MAC Strobe Cream. I find that I swap between them based on how "tan" I am, with Moonstone working better when I have a little more colour in my skin. Then for foundation I use either the No7 Lift & Luminate in Calico, for a super dewy finish, or Urban Decay Naked Skin in 0.5, for a more natural finish. I then use the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly on any blemishes & under the eyes. I use minimal powder, usually either the Hourglass Veil Loose Powder or the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders.

Blush, Bronzer & Highlight
The next step in my dewy skin routine is the coloured face products. My holy grail highlight is the Hourglass Metallic Strobe Lighting Palette which is just the most perfect wet look to metallic highlight that looks gorgeous on the skin. A recent addition to my face routine is the Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Bali Sands which is basically the most perfect bronzer tone for my skin tone & has the most beautiful natural sheen. Blush is probably my favourite colour face product & has been the one I have always used. The Nars Wanted I Palette is one of my current favourites, but I also adore the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes & Clinique Cheek Pops.

Eyes & Lips
Often when I go for the more natural dewy look on the face, I go for a rather minimal look on the eyes usually just a simple brown in the crease with a metallic or shimmery light shadow on the lid followed with layers of mascara. There is two main options I go for when it comes to lip products; a bright colour or red such as Nars Audacious Lipstick in Annabella or just a simple natural gloss such as the Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow.

There is all the products that I use to get a super dewy look that I have been loving recently. What are your dewy skin favourites? Are you more of a matte, natural or dewy skin person?
-Bec

Comments

  1. I love dewy finishes, as my skin is always ridiculously dry. Great products here, I really want to try Fenty, especially that gloss xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts