Skincare: Night Time Routine


I'll start this off with the obvious greeting: Happy New Year everyone. I, for one, am happy that 2018 is over because it has not been an easy year. But moving on from that more negative side, I'm feeling positive & trying to start off this year as good as possible.  One positive to 2018 is that I got my skincare routine almost 100% perfect for my current skin, although the moment I wrote this post I got 2 pimples which I haven't had in ages but they were only small ones. 


Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution
If I am wearing makeup or it is a very hot & sweaty day, I start with this to remove makeup or as a first cleanser. I like the Bioderma over other micellar waters, as I find that it doesn't irritate my skin or eyes like many others do.

Tata Harper Clarifying Cleanser
This is my current favourite night time cleanser, although I do switch it out with the Kate Somerville EradiKate or ExfoliKate depending on which cleanser I am feeling like using. I find that this leaves my skin clean & helps with controlling my acne but isn't drying. The reason I love using it at night is that I find the scent rather soothing, although these large number of essential oils could be an irritant for others.

Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
This has been my go-to exfoliating night serum for the last year. I find that it keeps my acne at bay, seems to reduce texture & leaves my skin looking less dull than it was previously.

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum
A more recent addition to my night time routine, I had added this in when my skin was being very dry & dehydrated in November. This has made my skin more hydrated & I adore the updated version with niacinamide as I feel that it works even better for my skin than the older version. I love having this in my routine.

Herbivore Lapis Oil
Instead of using a moisturiser at night, I have moved to using this oil & my skin loves it. My skin has actually been clearer, more balanced & just looks healthier since I started. I definitely think I'm going to keep using this oil as my night time moisturiser.

Kate Somerville EradiKate Treatment
If I have any active breakouts or it looks like a breakout is coming up, then I add this to that spot which I find really helps in making the breakout clear up faster & with less scaring.

Fresh Rose Face Mask
Although my night time skincare mostly keeps my skin in good condition sometimes I do feel like I need to add a mask in to my routine, even if just for the experience. The Fresh Rose Mask is my go to for when my skin is dry & dehydrated, and I find it helps when my skin is desperate.

Tata Harper Clarifying Mask
When my skin is feeling congested, this is my go to mask. I find that it helps with any congestion & clears things up almost immediately.

So there we have it, my current night time skincare routine plus a few masks I've been using. Hope everyone's new year is off to a great start, here's to another year & hopefully more blog posts more often (no promises, life gets in the way).
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts