Empties #10

also known as; the tiny collection of empties blog post.

There is one reason this post contains such a small number of products, which is that when I moved (in March) I did my empties then on my instagram stories instead of on here like normal. So I have been only collecting these empties since the end of March & it is mid May, so like 6 weeks or something. I however wanted to do an empties post as I find them one of the easier to write styles when I am returning to blogging from an absence (where exactly did the first half of 2020 go? seems like a lifetime ago). So because I wanted to, here is the tiny empties post.


Herbivore Prism Exfoliating Glow Serum
I find this a great exfoliating AHA/BHA serum, on par with the Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night serum which has been a long time fave. I would even go as far to say I might recommend this over the Drunk Elephant, if you live somewhere where Herbivore is freely available, as it is a much more affordable product. The one issue for me is availability; Herbivore isn't available from Australian retailers so I have to order it direct from their website. I don't have an issue ordering online if I have the money for multiple products but for one product it just seems unnecessary & kind of wasteful. I have actually repurchased this product, as I decided to also pick up the Lapis oil (another favourite), although it is unknown when it will get to me with the current world situation.

Youth to the People Superberry Hydrate & Glow Oil
This is up there as one of my absolute favourite oils, tied for that spot with the aforementioned Herbivore Lapis oil. It doesn't clog my skin, but also doesn't just feel like nothing on the skin which is a huge issue I have with many lightweight oils. Like I don't want to feel super greasy but I want to feel something. I haven't restocked on this oil, mainly as it was out of stock every time I have recently made a Sephora order, but would totally repurchase. I am currently trialling the Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment oil and have the Herbivore Lapis getting shipped to me, so it will be awhile before I have to purchase another oil but this one would definitely be one I will consider.

Indie Lee Blemish Lotion
This is another product in the same line as the Mario Badescu drying lotion, and my favourite the Kate Somerville EradiKate. If I had to rank the three then this would be at second place, just behind the Kate Somerville. I would repurchase this one, as I find it only the tiniest but less expensive but being at Sephora goes on sale more often (compared to the Kate Somerville as Mecca never has sales). 

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Cleanser
I completely forgot to photograph this, as I used it up about two days after doing the photos for this post but decided I was putting it in this one instead of waiting for the next one. This cleanser has been an unexpected love. I originally picked up the Gelee Milk version when in a pinch and I loved it straight off. It's not that it really does anything spectacular, it just doesn't do a lot of things. It doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it, and the Gelee Milk version could even be used on the eyes. I just find both versions are gentle but effective cleansers, and even better they are affordable but regularly go on sale so that they are even more affordable. I would definitely repurchase both versions and am using another bottle of the Water Gel right now, and am probably going to pick up the Gelee Milk for winter.

Hourglass Caution Mascara
I feel like saying about this is almost getting to the point of redundancy now. I mean it's been months since I used another mascara. I will say it again anyway for anyone who is new; I love this mascara. It does smudge or flake on me, looks good on my lashes, and most importantly (for me) is that it doesn't irritate my super sensitive eyeballs. If I could change one thing (other than price), it would be that it does tend to get a bit finicky when it gets drier & close to the end of it's lifespan but I can deal with that. I clearly have repurchased and most likely will continue to unless I find another one that works well in my free sample collection (at least then I don't feel bad for having to throw a mascara away after one use due to my eyes reacting). 

So there is all the products in my tiny empties edit, at least this way the post doesn't get hugely overwhelming like I sometimes find they do when I let them get too big. I'm interested to know if you are using up more or less (or the same) amount of products in the current lockdown situation? I feel like I have majorly cut down my routine, even my skincare could almost be called minimal.
-Bec

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts