Drunk Elephant Hair & Body Care Reviews

I feel like one of the most hyped about recent releases in the hair & body care world has been the Drunk Elephant hair & body care ranges. I have tried (& loved) many of the Drunk Elephant skin care products, and conveniently at the time of release I was in need of hair products & body lotion. I picked up the Cocomino Glossing Shampoo, the Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner and the Sili Body Lotion to try.




Cocomino Glossing Shampoo
I found that this lathered quite well, which is something that I have noticed many sulfate free formulas have difficultly with. I do have to use quite a bit, but I find that with most shampoos as I have very thick hair. My hair felt clean afterwards but wasn't overly dry. I also love the light almond scent that this & the conditioner had

Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner
I don't think this is quite enough for my thicker, damaged (bleached), and wavy hair. I find many formulas just don't work with my hair, so it isn't hugely unusual for me. I found that I had to use a lot to untangle and work through my hair after shampooing. My hair did look more dry but not horrible when I was using this in partnership with the shampoo. 

I would probably not repurchase either of these, with the shampoo I did really enjoy it but usually use pairs of the same product. Price wise, these were $40 each which is quite normal for the amount in higher end or salon shampoo & conditioners here is Australia (Kerastase in $42 which is one of my favourite formulas). I feel like this would most likely work better for those with less dry & damaged hair, I feel like my hair is quite difficult. 

Sili Body Lotion
Now this I love; it has a mild fragrance (from the ingredients) and rubs in quite quickly but is nice and moisturising. I have found that I have been having trouble with fragrance recently, so this was a nice change that was non irritating. Price wise, it is $32 which is a similar ball park to some other past or current favourites the Ren Atlantic Kelp & Magnesium Body Cream ($46) or the Body Shop Body Butters ($25). I would repurchase this as I am really enjoying it, plus the price isn't too expensive.

Have you tried any of the new Drunk Elephant hair or body care range? Are you loving or hating it? Or is it just average?

Hope everyone is well out there & staying as safe as possible in this time.
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts