Empties #9

Well it has been a while since I posted, that was not planned. Life got a bit much at some point, particularly in relation to university. I always decide to let the blog fall away first, even though doing that is generally worse in ways for my mental health because I really enjoy blogging. These empties are actually from July. I took these photos before I moved! So here is my very, very overdue empties post.


Tata Harper Clarifying Cleanser
This cleanser was more than a cleanser; it was an experience with how luxe it felt. It was also an amazing cleanser for my skin; not too drying but it helped with my acne. There is just one huge con for me; the price. This is one pricy product and with the current Australian dollar is a lot more expensive than when I purchased it. The price is the main thing holding me back from repurchasing. If I had extra cash for some reason I would consider repurchase, particularly if I could get it on sale, as the experience was one I really enjoyed. However it is definitely not a "necessity" in my skincare routine.

Kate Somerville EradiKate Cleanser
Contrarily to the Tata Harper, I consider this cleanser as an essential in my anti-acne skincare routine. It is more pricy compared too many other cleansers but practically affordable compared to the Tata Harper. I found this cleanser, in combination with my other skincare, has been one of the most effective in controlling acne but not being overly drying. I will probably constantly repurchase this.

Tata Harper Clarifying Mask
Similar to the cleanser; there is one big con which is the price although I do not feel this has the luxe experience that I get from the cleanser which means I would probably not repurchase this. Don't get me wrong, it is a great mask but I feel there is many other masks that I find equally (or more effective) for a lower price tag with my current favourite being the Origins Out of Trouble.

Drunk Elephant B Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum (full size & mini)
I feel like in a way it is pretty obvious I enjoy this; there is two different empties in this one post. I use this serum in my morning and evening routines; mixed with other serums (TLC Framboos, C Firma & A Passioni) and on it's own. I find this makes the application of other Drunk Elephant serums easier, and means I actually use less of those even more expensive serums each day. I also find that this is great for calming and hydrating my skin especially when my skin is sensitive. I love that this is hydrating and also has niacinamide, an ingredient my skin absolutely loves.

Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
This is my favourite chemical exfoliation serum, I mean I have posted about it endlessly on here. It just works; really that is why I love it and keep repurchasing. It helps with texture, acne and overall brightness. I have repurchased but for the first time in a long time I am considering trying something new. I know! It shocked me too. I am personally currently very interested in the newly released, stronger version of Herbivore Prism. Two things caught my eye with that; it is more affordable and has a 3% BHA which I feel may help my acne more.

Kate Somerville EradiKate Treatment
I feel like this is another product that I have mentioned countless times on the blog. I have found this is the most effective spot treatment that I have tried; although currently I haven't been needing it often which I am loving (touch wood). I actually purchased the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, which is a similar type of product and more affordable, and slight spoiler alert; I don't find it as effective. The Mario Badescu has slightly different ingredients and I am assuming that is why it doesn't work as well for me. I actually kind of can't wait to get back to using this one instead.

Hourglass Caution Mascara
I am probably going to keep purchasing this forever. I was actually having a very hard time wearing mascara before trying this as my eyes were reacting to almost all mascaras. This makes my lashes look good and doesn't cause my eyes pain, that is basically all I can ask for in a mascara. I will keep repurchasing this unless my eyes decide to end up reacting to it, which then it will be back to trialling but hopefully that doesn't happen.

Benefit Gimme Brow in Shade 1
This is a good brow gel and I did really enjoy it for years including a couple repurchases but it has been dethroned as my favourite. Since trying the Hourglass Arch Brow Gel that has taken the place of my favourite, I find it lasts longer and also gives my brows an even more "fluffy" appearance. I may repurchase Gimme Brow in the future, particularly as there is a really good pack on Sephora where one is basically free, but currently the Hourglass Arch Brow reigns supreme.

Kristin Ess Reconstructive Moisture Mask
I love this and it is actually the only hair mask I have repurchased (for myself) in recent years which speaks volumes to how much I enjoy it. There is a hair mask that I am enjoying more currently, the Kérastase Blond Absolu Masque Ultra Violet, but that is both toning for my blonde hair and way more expensive so I feel that there is a place for both these products in my hair care collection.

Lush Snow Fairy Body Conditioner
The Snow Fairy scent is a staple Christmas product for me, even if it can get sickly after too long, but I wouldn't repurchase this particular product. I just don't feel that the body conditioners have a place in my routine. They aren't moisturising enough that I can then forgo body moisturiser and they are also awkward and messy to use. I will probably stick to the shower gel for my Snow Fairy hit this Christmas period.

Congratulations, you reached the end of the post. I feel like this post is a long one. Maybe I am out of practice or maybe there is a lot of products. I am excited to get back to posting on the blog and photography.
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts