Loving Lately: The Mid Year Favourites

If there is one thing I have noticed this year, it is that I really don't try enough new products a lot of the time to actually do monthly favourites. I sometimes also don't wear makeup for an entire month. Honestly even quarterly favourites was too often. I feel like this mid year favourites gives me enough time to really try new products & see if I love them. Now that that mini ramble is done, on with the top 5 favourites of the first half of 2019 (which I kind of can't believe has already gone by).


Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter in Shade 1
You know when you just know you are going to love a product from the second you put it on because you just think "Wow! My skin looks amazing & dewy & beautiful", because that was basically how I felt the second I put this on my face. This year I have definitely been in love with dewy skin & this has been one of my favourite product finds. I use it under foundation, mixed in to foundation & as a highlight; honestly I might go crazy & just wear some of it & concealer on a good skin day. I put off purchasing this for so long before finally giving in to the hype but this is definitely a product where I can say the product was worth the hype.

Bare Minerals Bareskin Serum Concealer in Fair 
I'm actually going to start with my one criticism of this product: Bare Minerals please make this in more shades because more people need to be able to try this? Now that the criticism is out of the way, on to why I adore this. For the past few months, maybe even the past year, I have just noticed that a lot of my former favourite concealers have just not been looking as good as they did when my skin was oilier. I was on the lookout for something to use, especially on days when a dewy look was what I was going for. I hadn't looked at this for long previously, mainly as the lightest shade "Fair" borders on too dark & too pink for me to use, but after trying this on I realised the shade is borderline but does blend out to a natural looking finish & well, I couldn't ignore how amazing the more moisturising finish looked under my eyes. This also works surprisingly well on blemishes & has some pretty good lasting power for something so dewy which definitely makes it a win in my books.

Kosas Colour & Light Creme Palette in 8th Muse 
I feel like every time I use this I fall in love more. This just looks so nice on the skin, not emphasising any texture. 8th Muse is a cooler-toned pink that I find just looks amazing & pretty natural when I am going for a cooler-toned look. It lasts well on my skin but isn't too tacky, which can be a problem with cream products. This also takes no time to apply & blend, which as someone who is always in a rush I love. One thing I have noticed is that in cold weather you do have to warm it up before application or it can be more difficult, this is not something I noticed when the weather was warmer.


Youth to the People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream 
I was already loving this, but the last couple weeks of even colder weather have proven to me just how amazing this is. I just love how it is moisturising, but not too heavy & doesn't cause acne. I also found this is the perfect companion on retinol nights, I haven't had any "retinol uglies" yet. It is amazing in the daytime & even lasts well under makeup for me too. 

Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask
While I haven't needed to use this as much lately as my acne has calmed down (fingers crossed), in March & April this mask was my skin's saviour. It helps clear up acne, but doesn't irritate surrounding skin like I find with many other clearing masks. I mainly use this as a spot treatment currently but when my acne is worse I do use it mostly all over.

So there we have my first half of the year favourites, a post which has taken way longer to write than it should have (I started it in July & it is now August). Have you found any holy grail products in the first half of this year?
-Bec





Comments

Popular Posts