Skincare: Day Time Routine

The second of my skincare routine posts; my day time routine. In comparison to my night time routine, my day time routine is actually rather minimal especially during the summer months when the heat & humidity makes almost everything feel heavy. 


Cleanser
I know some people don't actually cleanse their skin in the morning, preferring to just splash with water, but I am not one of those people. I want to fully remove all the products that I have put on the night before, especially as I have oils & acne products on. For my morning cleanse, I usually go with the Kate Somerville EradiKate, which along with the Tata Harper Clarifying Cleanser, is one of my absolute favourite cleansers. There is no particular reason I use this instead of the Tata Harper in the morning, other than really not being able to afford to use the Tata Harper twice a day.

Serum
In the day I mostly only use one serum, the Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum, which is my favourite Vitamin C product that I have tried. I find that this really helps to lighten my acne scars & pigmentation. I will occasionally add the Drunk Elephant B- Hydra if I am feeling super dehydrated, or the Ordinary Niacinamide if I feel like having a change. 

Moisturiser
My current moisturiser is the Clinique Moisture Surge, which while it is quite good I currently feel like it isn't actually enough for my skin. As someone who has had acne & oily skin for years, the idea that something wouldn't be enough for my skin is a new thing for me. I do find this hasn't upset my skin & I'm really happy that it doesn't have fragrance as that has been something that has been super irritating my skin lately. I don't think I will repurchase this, as I do prefer my Dermalogica Calm Water Gel which I can't wait to repurchase. 

Sunscreen
I don't really have any particular sunscreen that I really love & I alternate between a La Roche Posay, a Mecca Cosmetica & a Neutrogena one. They are all pretty good but I don't really think any of them would be a repurchase.

So there we have my day time skincare routine, definitely a much simpler routine than my night time routine. I also have separate products that live in my gym/ pool bag, so I don't have to pack & repack skincare. I might go through that routine once I have tried the products out a little more & have more of an opinion on them.
-Bec


Comments

Popular Posts