Loving Lately: May Beauty & Lifestyle Favourites

May has been an insane but amazing month, from university being pretty intense as well as a 2 week trip to the other side of the world. I must admit May started off pretty rough, with the shock after the car crash leaving me basically unable to do anything & I was worried that I wouldn't be well enough to travel overseas come the the 8th. Thankfully, I was feeling better by the time we were supposed to leave (although I still have some anxiety & am definitely more nervous than before). The next 2 weeks were spent mostly in the UK with 2 days in Paris, although I managed to get sick it was the most amazing time & I would definitely do it again (although can it be not quite as far away from Australia, 21 hours is a long time on a plane). I could probably just write this entire favourite post just on what I did in the UK, I'm not going to do that but some highlights will be mentioned alongside my beauty & fashion favourites.


Surratt Relevee Eyelash Curlers & Anastasia Beverley Hills #7 Brush
Being on holiday, I often decided to forgo makeup in order to get out & do more every day. These 2 tools are an important part of my no makeup or minimal makeup look so that I look at least slightly put together. I talked about these in my Travel Morning Routine so I won't go on for long but these 2 just work so well & have cemented their place in my collection.

The Ordinary Niacinimide & Zinc
I also mentioned this in my Travel Morning Routine, I can't help it I just love everything in that routine. Since using this I've noticed my acne healing faster, as well as it fading my existing scars. My acne scars are probably my biggest insecurity face wise, so anything that fades them is a win in my book.

Dermalogica Calm Water Gel
I feel like I've mentioned this quite a few times now on the blog, but I just love it that much. I'm currently on my second tube & I rarely repurchase the same moisturiser just to show you how much I'm in love. I just love the way this makes my skin look & feel, I don't think I'll be straying any time soon.

Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment
I've used quite a few clearing masks in my time, but I've found this to be the most effective one that I've tried. While it can be a little drying on other areas of my skin, I love it for helping to clear up my acne faster. I was originally very sceptical of whether this would be worth the high price & the hype but I'm definitely convinced it is now.

No7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Calico
When in the UK, I ended up swatching this foundation on a whim & am I glad I did. The shade Calico is almost a perfect match for my skin when I have a slight tan like I do currently & I love the finish. This actually shows up dewy on my skin whereas I find a lot of dewy foundations just don't on me for some reason. Despite the glow I also have found it lasted pretty well although I haven't seen if it can withstand an Australian summer.

I'll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara
My love for true crime, particularly the My Favorite Murder Podcast, has been well documented on this blog so obviously I was going to pick up this book especially with the hype surrounding it (& then the Golden State Killer actually being caught a few weeks later). While I'm not actually finished, as my mum stole it halfway through our holiday, I have throughly enjoyed reading it so far. Obviously the topic isn't pleasant, but the way Michelle McNamara writes is amazing which leads it to not seem as impersonal as I find that other books of the genre can seem. This more personal approach, to me, makes it one of the best true crime books I have read.

Fashion Favourites
One thing that I definitely am guilty of is outfit repeating, especially when on holiday.



Review blouse, Review skirt, Portmans leather jacket & I Love Billy shoes

Portmans jeans, Witchery jumper, Portmans leather jacket & Nike sneakers










So there are my favourites for the crazy busy but great month of May. Hope you enjoyed the fashion snippet, I'm thinking of including them occasionally from now on (when I actually wear something other than pyjamas). More snapshots of my UK & France holiday will appear in future posts including my beauty haul appearing soon.
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts