Makeup of the Day: Passport Edition

Recently the day came that I'm sure many people almost dread; I had to get my passport photo taken. My old passport has probably the worst photo of me that exists (when I'm not looking intentionally horrible), and I actually had trouble going through customs with it. It's seriously that bad! So I was so nervous about getting my new one; I knew I wanted to look good but natural. 


Starting with my base; I wanted it to cover some imperfections but still look natural & not mask-like. For this, I started with my Stila One Step Correct Primer to colour correct slightly as well as being a good base for my makeup. I then used my go-to base combination; the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation & Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. This combination gives a natural, ever so slightly dewy finish with a medium coverage. I then set this down with a mix of Hourglass Dim Light & Diffused Light.

Then to add some colour back into my face & do a slight "brontour" I used the Hourglass Luminous Bronze Light. I then added some blush, using my Hourglass Luminous Flush Blush. Together these gave a natural glow to my face, as well as making me look more alive. I avoided highlight, as I thought it may flashback & ruin the photo. 

For eyes I kept it very simple, just throwing some bronzer in the crease for some slight definition. I then used my daily mascara, Urban Decay Perversion. In the brows I just put through a light coat of Benefit Gimme Brow, to add definition & shape. 

On the lips I used what is probably my new favourite lipgloss, the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow. I haven't really worn gloss since I was in early high school (2009/10) but I think this has changed that. It is a beautiful natural gloss, that just gives the lips a beautiful plump look. This natural look was perfect for my passport photos. 

I personally am quite happy with my new passport photos, which is good as I'm stuck with it for the next 10 years. I will definitely wear this makeup again on natural days as I am a huge fan of it. 
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts