Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Vol. 3

The second I saw that this palette was going to be released, I just knew that I was going to need it. I had previously passed on Vol. 1 as it had the one full sized powder I owned in it (Luminous Flush blush) & Vol. 2 as the powders just weren't right for my skin tone, so it seems like it was almost fate that I would have this palette.

The Vol. 3 is housed in rose gold reflective packaging, which if you follow my Instagram (or even from my blog photos) you would know I absolutely love although it does collect fingerprints like crazy. I personally find it comes with a great array of their powder products with 2 finishing powders, 1 highlight, 2 blushes & 1 bronzer, although obviously these can be used slightly differently depending on your skin tone. So here is rundown of the products inside. 

Diffused Light

As I am quite fair, this will definitely be the finishing powder that will suit me the best. I absolutely adore how these powders look on my skin. As someone who needs to set their foundation, mostly due to living in a hot & humid climate, but loves a more dewy/ glowy finish these powders are a godsend. They are glowy but (I find) not glittery which just brings life to your face. 

Hypnotic Strobe Light

This seems like a more natural highlight although it does have some glitter which is something to be aware of if you're a glitter hater (I'm not). I can see myself using this on an everyday basis when I'm not looking for a blinding highlight. 

Dim Light

The second finishing powder included in this palette, this offering I feel will be better for those with more light/ medium skin tones. I feel that personally I will get more use out of this as a very natural bronzer, but I will use this a finishing powder when I have more of a tan. 

Luminous Bronze Light

This is the only product I feel as if I might not get much use out of, this is only as it may be too dark and potentially orange for my fair skin. I can see this looking absolutely gorgeous on those with light/ medium skin tones & I really want to try this on my mum who is more tan than me. 

Surreal Halo & Pure Effect Blushes

I absolutely adore Hourglass blushes so I know that I will love these and use them constantly. I just love how these blushes make my skin look, they look so gorgeous with a natural, healthy & dewy glow. There is one more berry & one more pink colour, that can take you through different seasons as well as different makeup looks.

So far I am absolutely in love with this palette and can't wait to use this more. I would definitely recommend picking this up if you haven't already, especially if you think you'll get the use out of these shades. Will you picking this one up?

-Bec

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts