My Top 10 Products of 2016

I personally can't wait for a new year to start because this year has been a mess of ups and downs. In this year I have finally started to get my health back on track. I moved out of home and across the state, while struggling with home sickness. I'm also finally on the track I want for my studies. I am hoping the positives continue on into the new year and the negatives in the past.I am looking forward to a new start, with a new frame of mind. The amount that has happened this year has been insane and I'm enjoying my current holiday downtime.

Originally I was going to do my top 5 products of the year, but I realised I am super indecisive and could only narrow it down to 10 products (and trust me if there were runners up it would go on for pages.) Let's get on with my favourite products of the year.


Skincare

Bare Minerals Blemish Ready Acne Treatment Gelee Cleanser

Later in the year as the temperature started warming up as we headed into summer, my skin started giving me a lot of trouble. I was having constant painful quite large breakouts, that were just annoying me. I was over it, so went into Mecca Maxima for suggestions on skincare and ended up picking this up. I have been loving this and it has cleared my skin up quite a lot, but it also isn't crazily drying like some Acne Treatments can be.

The Body Shop Body Butters

I have been using this product for years, but it wasn't until this year that I realised how much I loved this product. My legs are constantly very dry, so need all the moisture they can get. These are one of the few products that are moisturising enough for them.

Makeup

Stila One Step Correct Primer

This is the second year that this product has been in my end of year favourite, so you know that I love it. It is the best primer for my skin, as it isn't too moisturising or too matte and reduces my redness.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

I feel like this might be the perfect foundation for me, and I am so happy I have found it. I have mentioned this a lot lately, so want go on about it too much here but you just need to know I love this.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush

This is yet another repeat from last years favourites, so another product you know that I just absolutely love. I really need to pick up more colours of these in the new year.

Too Faced Love Flush Blushes

Other than the Hourglass Blushes these are my favourite blushes. The colour range is absolutely beautiful, and I love all of them. The lasting power is amazing on these.

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara

I am probably the pickiest person when it comes to mascara, and so many just don't work on my lashes. As I have quite long lashes and also wear glasses, I prefer more volumising mascaras which this is but it isn't overly clumpy like some can be.

Benefit Gimme Brow

I have quite full brows naturally so don't need to use much product so a tinted brow gel is usually all I need. I love how this has fibers which volumise my brows and adds texture while it also holds my brows in place.

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock

Disclaimer: This product is crazy expensive and I'm still not sure if I can justify getting more. I absolutely love this, it lasts all day and is a beautiful colour. It works amazing by itself but also works amazing as a base for powder shadows.

Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks

I have mentioned these quite a lot recently as well, because I absolutely love these. My favourite formula is the comfort matte, which is matte but not over drying and does last a while (for a bullet lipsticks). I still have several colours on my wish list.

That is my favourites for the year of 2016,
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts