2015 Favourites.

Welcome to my blog,
and welcome to my first ever post, my 2015 favourites (although it is just a bit late). In my opinion what better way to start a new venture than by looking back on the past. So without further ado here are my 2015 favourites.

Primers:

This year was a year of makeup discovery especially in the area of primers. Prior to this year I didn’t really believe in primers and really didn’t see the point of applying yet another product, but this year my opinion completely changed. I am now in love with primers and can’t imagine not using one.


Stila One Step Correct

I love this primer; I find it corrects my redness and other discolouration. I even love to wear this alone on no makeup days when I am just quickly leaving the house.

Hourglass Mineral Veil

This is my saviour in summer, it holds on my makeup even in the heat and humidity. I find my foundation also applies flawlessly over this. The only downside to this is the price.

Foundation:


Max Factor Skin Luminizer in 40 Light Ivory


For the first half of the year this foundation was my go to and favourite, it looks amazing on my skin and in photographs. I love that it isn’t matte or overly dewy and just has a quite natural skin like finish.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in 110 Porcelain

This was a new release, in Australia, in around the middle of the year. Although I am usually not a fan of matte finishes (as I have dryer skin) I do love this. The colour is the most perfect colour for my fair skin; I have not found a colour that matches me better especially in the drugstore.

Too Faced Born This Way in Ivory

I purchased this almost the second it released in Australia, before this was in my collection I didn’t realise how amazing a foundation could be. This has amazing coverage and is my perfect finish. My only problem I have is the colour I have which is too dark, I am excited to buy one of the new lighter colours that were recently released so that I can continue wearing this into winter.

Concealer:

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly
Finally a concealer that is actually (even though only a tiny bit) lighter than my skin tone. I never thought I could actually highlight with a concealer. This also covers my horrible dark circles.

Blush:


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush


This is a great glowy (but not glittery) blush that leaves a beautiful colour and finish on my skin. On minimal makeup days I love this as I find I can skip highlighter and still look beautiful and dewy.

Highlighter:

The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer

This was my first proper highlighter that I have really loved (I previously used eyeshadow as highlighter), I don’t know why I put off purchasing this for so long.

Setting Spray:


This was another product I didn’t believe in until this year, but I now can’t live without it.


Urban Decay All Nighter

I have tried a couple of setting sprays this year but this one is definitely my favourite. It sets down my powders and definitely makes my makeup last longer. I also didn’t find it dried out my skin.

Eyeshadow Palettes:

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

All I can say is that I love this; it is my perfect everyday palette. If I’m not certain what I want to do I will grab this palette and it basically does the work for me.

Urban Decay Vice 4

If I ever want a pop of colour this is the palette I automatically grab. Although I predominantly use this for pops of colour, it does have some more wearable colours that I can use on a more daily basis.

Single Eyeshadows:


MAC Satin Taupe


A great eyeshadow for a one-eyeshadow look that somehow still looks dimensional.
Loreal Blinged and Brilliant

This pairs amazingly with Satin Taupe as an inner corner highlight. The colour is beautiful.

Cargo Cyprus

This is another eyeshadow that works amazingly just by itself, and paired with others. Although it looks quite simple it actually is a quite unique colour.

Eyeliner:


Loreal Gel Liner


This liner is super black, and I love my black eyeliner to be super black. It isn’t too dry or too creamy which makes it easier to use. (I still suck at eyeliner, but its not going to be a miracle)

Loreal Superliner Silkissime in Brown

I use this when I don’t want the harsh effect that black eyeliner can give but still want to wear some eyeliner.

Eyebrow Products:

Illamasqua Brow Powder in Stark

This is the perfect colour if you have your hair dyed a bright/ darker red. I have only stopped using it, as it doesn’t work with my current hair colour.

Loreal Brow Artist Plumper

I love this for shaping and controlling my eyebrows (I have long eyebrow hairs that get crazy).  I wear this even on no makeup/ minimal makeup days.

Lipstick:


Red lipstick is my favourite even for every day, it just makes me feel so confident.


Nars Audacious Lipstick in Annabella

This is a lovely slightly orange red that is my go-to Summer red.

MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red

This is a darker red that I loved in Winter; next time Winter comes around I will definitely be wearing it again.


Nail Polish:

OPI in Cinnamon Sweet

I bought this, as it is the nail polish Peggy Carter wears in Agent Carter, and I just love Marvel. I have used up almost this entire bottle and have a backup; it definitely is my Autumn/ Winter nail polish.

Sally Hansen in Pardon My Garden & What in Carnation?

Both of these are from the Sally Hansen Spring Collection and I have loved these for all of Spring and Summer. Pastel nails are some of my favourites of all time. I do have backups of these as well as I love them so much.

Skincare:


Body Shop Vitamin E Mist


I love this to spritz this on my face all the time, it just instantly refreshing and moisturising. In winter (when I don’t need the Urban Decay) I love to use this as a setting spray as well.

Palmers Creamy Cleanser & Makeup Remover

This is a nice gentle cleanser that cleans thoroughly while not being harsh and drying. I especially loved this during winter when my skin was drier.

Chantecaille Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion

I only have a tiny sample of this but I love it, it makes my skin so soft and moisturised. I really want the full size product, as I love it so much, but the price is crazy.

Garnier Micellar Water

I love this to remove my makeup, it removes everything and I love it. If I’m really lazy I can just use this to remove makeup and cleanse.

Random:


Max & Co Glasses

I love how unique and pastel these frames are, although these were one of the most expensive frames in Specsavers it was love at first sight and I had to have them.

Adult Colouring Books

I have always found colouring therapeutic so when I found out it was popular and books for adults existed I was quite excited. I know have quite a few different books all of which I love.

Pastel Flower Necklace

If I am wearing a simple outfit and want to add some interest I almost always grab this necklace. I love the colours and it really does go well with quite a lot of outfits.

Comments

Popular Posts