The Top 8 Discoveries of 2018: Skincare & Makeup

Originally I was going to do this as a top 5, then I realised there was no way I could keep it that low. I  think 8 might actually still be a struggle! I've fallen in love with a lot of products this year but these 8 stood out the most.



Dermalogica Calm Water Gel
Not pictured because I don't currently have it in my collection but I'm planning on repurchasing as soon as possible. This my favourite moisturiser, it always calms my skin & keeps it hydrated better than other products I've tried. This also always clears up the red, irritated bits of skin on my face.

Herbivore Lapis Oil
This has been a recent one where the love for it kind of snuck up on me. At first I was only using this occasionally when my skin was dryer & I did enjoy it, but now I'm actually using instead of moisturiser at night & my skin is absolutely loving it. I've had a lack of irritation even when I use stronger spot treatments for acne, which is a huge change. This has definitely converted me to being a lover of oils.

Tata Harper Clarifying Cleanser
I really didn't want to absolutely love this cleanser as it is so expensive, but I do. I find that I love this for keeping my skin clear & I especially love using it as my night cleanse as I find the scent soothing. I find it clarify but not overly so, and I don't feel like my skin is screaming for moisture & hydration after using it.

Kate Somerville EradiKate Cleanser
This is another cleanser favourite, apparently this year was the year for cleansers. This is another product that keeps my skin clear but isn't drying although it may be a touch more drying than the Tata Harper.

No 7 Lift & Luminate Foundation in Calico
I feel like my love for this is well known, as I have featured it a bit repetitively on here. I think that shows just how much I have been loving it. This year I have just been loving having glow-y skin & this foundation gives me just that.

Hourglass Veil Translucent Powder
I think I would class this as the powder for people who don't like powder. I find it allows me to still have glowing skin but still sets things down so they last longer. I have never found this to be cakey or dry looking which is something I often have trouble with in regards to powders.

Nars Wanted I Cheek Palette
I still can't believe that I hadn't tried Nars blushes until this palette, I wish I had of tried them earlier because I am in love. I find them pigmented but they also blend easily for a flawless finish. This palette definitely covers most of your coral/pink/nude shades, which are definitely the kind I use most. I'm considering picking up some singles to add to my collection next year as I'm so in love.

Hourglass Scattered Light in Smoke
Glittery, easy to use & just stunning; is how I would describe the Hourglass Scattered Light shadows. I find that I can go from day to day sparkle to full on night out glam sparkle with these easily. They are easy to use, with no fallout or creasing that I've noticed & you don't even need a glitter glue. I currently only have the shade Smoke, but I definitely want to collect them all.

So those are my 2018 favourites, it's definitely been a year of ups & downs but I have made some great skincare & makeup discoveries. Did any new products make their way in to being everyday staples for you?
- Bec

p.s. sorry for abandoning Blogmas with no explanation, Bucky (my cat) unfortunately passed & it was very difficult to handle. I now have a new kitten, Peggy, in my life. I wasn't planning on getting another cat but this girl just made her way in to my life as a foster kitten & we had a bond so she's staying here. I really think she was sent here to me for a reason & to help me through the pain of losing Bucky.

Comments

Popular Posts