I Actually Tried New Hair Products

While in all other aspects of my beauty life I am one to constantly mix things up at least a little bit when it comes to hair I just seem to stay with the same products. I think a sensitivity to many different ingredients (not sure what exactly though) and the fact that blonde, curly hair isn't the easiest just has me sticking to my tried & true products; Redken Extreme Shampoo & Conditioner which I have used since I went blonde over 3 years ago now.



There were 2 main reasons that I decided to actually change up my routine a little; the suggestion of my hairdresser to use a purple conditioner as well as shampoo and the launch of Kristen Ess haircare in Australia.

Starting with the purple shampoo & conditioner that I am now using; the Juuce Silver Blonde which is the more intense of the Juuce purple products. I honestly was kind of scared that using a purple conditioner as well as shampoo would seriously dry out my hair but so far that doesn't seem to be the case with these products. I don't use these every time I wash my hair, as I can find purple products drying and a tiny bit irritating to my scalp when they are all I use. These are really intense when it comes to toning hair & I may have been a bit purple at times (not that I mind).

Kirsten Ess haircare has been talked about a lot in the blogging world since its release, so I was interested in trying it when it became available in Australia. While I usually stick to salon brands, I have been pleasantly surprised the Kristen Ess lives up to the hype & is as good (for me) as salon products. The first product I tried, and most likely the one I have heard the most about, is the Strand Strengthening Reconstructive Moisture Mask and wow did this deliver. My hair felt smoother and in better condition (blond, curly hair is a struggle) but also wasn't weighed down as I often find my hair is with masks. The second product I tried was one that I haven't heard a lot about but just really intrigued me anyway, the Weightless Shine Leave-In Conditioner, a spray on leave-in conditioner that you apply to damp hair. Like with masks, leave-in conditioners often weigh my hair down but this truely delivers on the weightless claim. My hair is detangled, smoother and also seems to stay not tangled for longer (because brushing and curly hair are not friends). I am honestly so happy with my Kristen Ess products and am looking forward to trying more; specifically the Style Reviving Dry Shampoo and the Scalp range that is currently not yet available in Australia.

While I still love and use my Redken favourites, I am very excited to have some new products I am loving. I am also considering trying more new products; Olaplex has been something that has been on my radar for many times. I have heard that there is a bit of a problem with hair breakage if overused due to having too much protein, but I would probably only use it about once a month anyway. What are your favourite hair products & are you someone who sticks to the same routine or enjoys switching it up?
-Bec

Comments

Popular Posts